WOODSIDE ESTATES CORPORATION DISCLOSURE FORM
Acknowledging Risks and Releasing Woodside Lake Corporation
From All Claims and Liabilities
I understand that no one may use Woodside Lake (the “Lake“) owned by Woodside Estates Corporation except those who have read and acknowledged the information on this form. I understand, and I will explain to all of those using the Lake through me, such as my family members, tenants, and guests, that use of the Lake involves many hazards, including, but not limited to the following:
1. The Lake water is dark making it difficult to see underwater during any time. Swimming in the Lake is dangerous at night for swimmers as well as non-swimmers. Swimming and other uses of the Lake are at your own risk at all times.
2. Non-swimmers are at serious risk when swimming beyond shallow water at any time.
3. Visibility of swimmers by guardians, lifeguards, or other Lake members is limited.
4. Walking, skating, and sledding on the ice are not allowed.
5. Lighting could strike a swimmer in the Lake water during inclement weather.
6. The quality of the Lake water is subject to change due to weather conditions.
7. The quality of the Lake water could be affected by chemicals or other foreign matter coming downstream.
8. The Lake dam and old roadbed are rough due to erosion and could be dangerous for waling, jogging, skateboarding, biking, and sledding.
9. On occasion the beach is vandalized by trespassers temporarily resulting in loose canoes and floating equipment around the lake that could entice young children unattended by adults to venture into the Lake under unsafe conditions.
10. Property left unattended at or in the Lake is subject to theft. The Woodside Lake Corporation is not responsible for property left at or in the Lake.
11. Playing on the docks at the Lake could result in serious injuries or death.
12. The Lake overflow pipe creates a strong flow that could result in injury or death if tampered with by children and/or adults inexperienced in handling it.
13. Wildlife should not be disturbed.
14. The isolated nature of the Lake makes it unsafe for children to be alone at the Lake.
15. Boating on the Lake involves additional risk and all boaters should wear life vests and children should always be under adult supervision.
16. Fishing and playing on the banks of the Lake involve walking on rough, slippery, and rocky terrain and could result in land or water accidents.
I assume all risks associated with the use of the Lake by me and my family members, tenants, and guests, including, but not limited to those listed above, all such risks being known and appreciated by me and having been explained to them by me.
Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of the Woodside Lake Corporation allowing use of the Lake by me and my family members, tenants and guests, I, for myself and for my family members, tenants and guests, and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, hereby waive any claim against, and do hereby release, the Woodside Lake Corporation and its respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of the use of the Lake by me and my family members, tenants and guests, including claims that may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the Woodside Lake Corporation and its respective officers, directors, agents, and employees.